Materials: Yarn: worsted weight (small amount). Hook: G (or size of choice)
Definitions: FLO=Front Loops Only; BLO=Back Loops Only
1) Ch 2.
2) Make 6 sc in 2nd ch frm hk. (don't join - work in the round)
3) Sc FLO into ea st around (6 sc total)
4) Working into the same sts again, make 2 sc BLO in ea st around (12 sc total)
5) Working into the horizontal thread behind the sts made in step 4, make: Sc, hdc, sc in next (this is the bottom point of the heart); 2 sc in next; sc 1 + hdc 1 in next; hdc 1 + sc 1 in next. Ch 1, sl st into the horizontal thread behind the next st on the row below (on back near center of heart). (22 sts total from center of spiral to end, incl ch 1).
6) Ch 1, turn. Sc around to the bottom point of heart. Ch 1 at bottom point. Continue to sc around to the top of heart. Continue to sc around the spiral. Sl st into the last 2 sc in the center of the spiral.
7) End off (leave long tail for sewing). Pull the tail through the center of the heart to the back. Use it to sew the heart to something.
Feel free to make and use these hearts for anything you like. I always appreciate a link back to my site, http://HookCandy.com.
Cool effect when adding another row of SC (from the center) with a smaller hk:
|Heart: I hk. Extra row sc: G hk.|