Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crochet I-Cord Instructions:


This technique makes a round crocheted cord which looks like a knitted I-Cord, but it is made with a crochet hook. You can make it as thick as you want by using 2 or more strands of yarn held together, and using any hook size desired.
1) Ch 2. Pull up loop in 2nd ch from hook. 1
2) Remove hook from first loop (pinching the loop between your fingers so that it doesn't come loose). Yo, draw loop through the loop remaining on hk. 2
3) Re-insert hook into first loop, yo, draw loop through. 3
4) Repeat row 2 instructions 4
5) Repeat row 3 instructions 5
6- ) Continue to repeat steps 2 and 3 until the cord is the length you desire. Finish by drawing a loop through both loops; end off.
http://hookcandy.com/
crocheted I - Cordcrocheted I - Cord

2 comments:

Walker said...

I love your work! However, I am unable to view the photos in tips and technique.

MariaG said...

This is great! I found a YouTube video that uses 3 stitches, but the one stitch is always so loose ... With two stitches, the cord is nice and thin AND I can keep the stitches an even tension. I'll be using this technique even for my knitting projects:)

Post a Comment